Monday, September 3, 2007

Karmen & Travers, Folding Mountain Resort, September 1, 2007

On Saturday, September 1st, on my way home from shooting on Vancouver Island I stopped at Folding Mountain Resort in Alberta which is located between Jasper and Hinton to photograph the wedding celebration of Karmen & Travers. What an amazing day!! Karmen and Travers opted for an outdoor wedding...always a risky proposition in Alberta. The day before the wedding it was pouring rain and it looked a little scary for Saturday...but the weather turned out to be absolutely beautiful with hardly a cloud in the sky. Travers mom has an amazing cabin at Folding Mountain Resort where the ceremony took place in the back yard. Everybody did a fantastic job decorating especially when you consider the weather the day before. Like the weather the ceremony was beautiful. One of my favourite parts of my job is the opportunity I get to meet some really great people...Karmen and Travers family and friends are absolutely amazing! I had so much fun with everybody. After the ceremony we went to a nearby lake to take a few pictures and Travers brother grabbed one of my camera's and took a shot of me knee deep in the lake taking pictures of the bride and groom. We had a wonderful dinner at a place called Overlander Resort and then we headed back to the cabin for the cake cutting, dancing and celebrations! I witnessed a tradition I've never seen before with the male siblings of the groom performing a dance with unique coloured socks...very funny! Thanks again to everybody for an amazing experience. A special thanks to Shahin for using his jacket as a sun blocker for the family pictures (see the last picture)...Next time I see you I'll get you that Gin & Tonic :) Hope you enjoy the few sneak pictures below.